Fran's 1941 Apricot Magic
Fran’s 1941 Apricot Magic can easily be used as a filling or spread on cakes, or cookies. Try it on ice cream or in yogurt! We love it as a spread on toast or biscuits in the morning, sometimes with cream cheese. Add Apricot Magic to mashed sweet potatoes or cooked carrots. Use Apricot Magic as a simple glaze when broiling or grilling meats or fish to bring out the sweet and savory aspect of the food.
Here are a few recipe suggestions for using Fran’s 1941 Apricot Magic – be creative and adjust to your taste. Most of all, enjoy what our mom, Fran, taught us to make!
Apricot Magic Glaze for Chicken or Pork
- Sauté 2-3 tablespoons white onion, finely diced, in small amount of California olive oil.
- Add ½ cup Fran’s 1941 Apricot Magic, heat through gently on medium-low.
- Simmer pork or chicken pieces (enough for 4 servings) in the sauce over low heat for about 5 minutes. Pork or chicken can them be broiled until done, or continue simmering until cooked through, according to your meat thermometer.
On the BBQ: Grill your chicken pieces or pork, following your grilling guide and timetable for poultry or pork. Brush on Fran’s 1941 Apricot Magic liberally, for the last 5 minutes of grilling time, for a simple grilling glaze with a great caramelized flavor and texture.All content © La Bonita California. All rights reserved.
Apricot Magic Glazed Salmon Fillets
- Saute 1 tsp. minced garlic and 1/2 onion, finely diced, in 3 tbsp. butter or olive oil until soft, but not browned. Add 6-7 peeled and sliced carrots, ½ cup vegetable stock, and ½ cup orange juice to the garlic and onions and simmer until carrots are tender and liquid is reduced by about half. Add 3 tbsp. Fran’s 1941 Apricot Magic and gently heat. Keep warm and set aside.
- Brush melted butter or olive oil lightly over salmon fillets and place in a buttered casserole dish. Mix 3 tbsp. Apricot Magic with ¼ cup soy sauce, ¼ tsp. ginger, and pour over salmon. Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes, 350 F., until center of fillet is pink. Glaze with coating of warm sauce mixture to serve. You may also grill or broil the salmon, if you prefer. Pour carrot mixture over fillets to serve, with rice or a green vegetable as a side.